So Sac Valley Processing Tomato Production Meeting
|Sacramento Valley Tomato Meeting 2013||
South Sacramento Valley Processing Tomato Production Meeting
University of California Cooperative Extension Farm Advisors Colusa/Sutter/Yuba and Yolo/Solano/Sacramento Counties
Woodland Community & Senior Center
2001 East Street, Woodland 95776
8am to noon, Wednesday, January 9, 2013
|Tomato Meeting Announcement||1/4/11|
The following are major issues or trends facing Colusa vegetable crop industries:
* Depressed or static prices
* Our distance from established fresh market vegetable distribution centers and infrastructural issues.
* The shifting of processing tomato acreage from the Sacramento Valley to the San Joaquin Valley
* A lack of viable alternative crops to replace idled vegetable land.
* The trend of vegetable seed crops toward hybrid varieties.